Call For An Appointment:
Eye Exams in Colorado Springs
Yearly Eye Examinations are Important
Your eyes have a range where you are naturally more comfortable. At Spectrum Eye Care, we check the skills that keep your eyes comfortable when you’re reading, looking at computers, driving, and playing sports.
We look for symptoms of fatigue.
We look for a “new” lack of interest in school or reading before it affects learning and grades.
Let’s get started
Your annual Comprehensive Eye Exam has “parts and pieces.” The staff will start your exam by collecting a few pieces of data electronically for the eye doctor:
- Auto-Refraction – The starting point for your prescription
- Macular Pigment Density – Macular degeneration screening
- Retinal Imaging – If opted in by the patient, this will give a comprehensive view of the back of the eye for the aid of checking for any eye health problems, providing the eye doctor with a file to be able to check on from year to year
- Medical History – We will go over your medical history. At this point, you may ask “eye” questions with regards to diabetes, hypertension, cataract development, and other newly diagnosed systemic problems
- Visual Acuities – 20/20 means you see “appropriately” at distance or reading. It doesn’t mean “perfect eyes”
“Which is better… 1 or 2?”
Dr. Bennett will minimize your frustration and fatigue by limiting the usual “which is better…1 or 2?” He just wants to make sure that you are seeing your absolute best! He will determine whether you have astigmatism or are nearsighted, farsighted, or have presbyopia.
Eye Health Evaluation keeps us seeing for 90+ years
The most important part of your eye exam will be the evaluation of the health of your eyes.
Dr. Bennett will review your Retinal Images at this point or dilate the eyes to detect any potential conditions, while keeping a close observation on things that may become problems in the future.
Our eye care center serves patients in and around Colorado Springs, including in Monument and Gleneagle. Schedule your eye exam today!